This year has been a long but growth-filled year. To think at this time last year, I was home for Christmas after just graduating and had no idea where I would be this time next year or know if I would even have a job. I wasn’t sure I would be in Richmond, Florida, or somewhere entirely different. I’ve wrestled with God and been blessed immensely by him. This year has felt long but then at times, it’s hard to believe I have lived this much in a year. Here are some of the things I’ve learned/experienced in the past year
1. How to be more vulnerable with people and be ok with letting people in
2. The power of praying “Lord, please take me beyond my ability and restore my joy.”
3. Got my first “big girl” job
4. How to scrub in the OR
5. How to drill holes in someone’s skull
6. Talked with a family about stopping care and signed my first DNR
7. Learned to be more comfortable on the job
8. Bought my first car on my own
9. Said good-bye to my 15 year old puppy
10. Joined Hope Church
11. Finally felt more settled in Richmond rather than feeling like I have one foot in Florida and one foot in Virginia.
So there are 11 things from 2011. We will see where 2012 take me.
No comments:
Post a Comment