I had a really cool experience the other day. I have been on the job hunt and waiting for responses, which has truly been an exercise in patience. I was starting to get anxious on Friday afternoon, so I went to the Y to work out. At the Shady Grove Y, they have a basket of Bible verses by the check-in desk. On Friday I thought, well Lord, please give me some peace about the job situation. I stick my hand in and "randomly" pull out the Bible verse that had been in my devotion the night before, which was Ephesians 3:20 - "Now give glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within you, to do infinitely more than we could ever ask or imagine." Definitely a God moment of reassurance, saying I've got this, you don't need to worry. You could say that I randomly read that verse the night before and randomly picked it out of the basket, but I know the Lord was speaking to me directly and I am so thankful my God is not random.
No comments:
Post a Comment